Last updated: September 13th, 2020
IMPORTANT NOTICE. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER AND BEFORE SUBMITTING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION VIA THIS WEBSITE
The website www.unidukan.com (“Website”) is operated by Al Gurg Unilever LLC, Bur Dubai, Karama, P.O. Box 49, Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Thani Murshid Unilever LLC, Khalifa bin Zayed Street, P.O. Box 49, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (hereinafter both together referred to as “Unilever” or “we” “our” or “us”) which are members of the Unilever Group of companies.
By placing an Order with Al Gurg Unilever Gulf LLC, or with Thani Murshid Unilever LLC, clicking the "buy" button you agree to the Terms set forth below, including, without limitation, the
Thani Murshid Unilever LLC will fulfill your Order if you purchase Products to be delivered to Abu Dhabi including Al Ain.
If you have complaints, problems with your Order, delivery or quality issues, if you require technical support or if you have other requests, you can contact us at:
Careline UAE: 80053837 (Sunday to Thursday from 10am to 7pm)
- Unilever provides E-Commerce sales of Personal Care, Home Care and Food & Refreshment products (the "Products") through this Website.
- You hereby represent and warrant that you have CAREFULLY read and understood this Agreement, that you are of legal age under the laws of your country (e.g., twenty one years of age or older in the United Arab Emirates), and that you accept this Agreement freely, voluntarily, and with full knowledge and understanding of its terms and conditions.
- Certain Products may be available exclusively online through the Website. These Products may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our Products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our Products to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis.
- We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any Products that we offer.
- Our Website will guide you through the steps you need to take in order to purchase Products (“Order”). Each sale and purchase transaction with respect to the Products shall be initiated by the placement of an Order by you.
- After you submit your Order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received it. However, please note that this does not mean that your Order had been accepted. Your Order constitutes an offer to enter into an agreement with us. No agreement will come into force between you and us unless we accept your Order via e-mail.
- Unilever cannot guarantee that the Products are in stock. Unilever reserves the right to reject your submission of an Order at any time and without any liability to Unilever if, in Unilever 's sole discretion, Unilever is unable to process or fulfill your Order. Unilever shall have this right of rejection even if you should receive a notice via the Website that the Order was successfully submitted.
- We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per Order. These restrictions may include Orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or reject an Order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e‑mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the Order was made.
- Unilever will ensure that each Order receives careful attention and is executed strictly according to all the requirements contained therein.
- We will arrange for your Order to be delivered to the delivery address you specify during the checkout process.
- All delivery dates (whether provided on the Website, in an Order confirmation, or elsewhere) are estimates only and not a guarantee that the Products will be delivered by a given date. Unless otherwise specified in the Order, all orders are intended to be executed and dispatched within 2 days following the later of the receipt of payment or the date of the Order confirmation.
- If the Products cannot be delivered within a maximum of seven (7) days from placing the Order due to a Force Majeure Event, we will inform you regarding an alternative delivery date. In this case, you can cancel the order, order a similar Product or wait until delivery of the Products is possible.
- Delivery will be made to the address you provided to Unilever for your Order. You must immediately notify Unilever of any errors or omissions in the Order confirmation notice.
- You confirm that all information provided by you when placing an Order are complete, accurate and up-to-date, so as to allow Unilever to fulfill your Order, and you will promptly update such information in case of changes to keep it complete and accurate.
- If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or if Unilever has reason to believe that the information you provided is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, Unilever may: (a) suspend or terminate your account; (b) if permitted by applicable law, use electronic self-help means to terminate your ability to access the Products; and/or (c) terminate this Agreement.
- You consent to the use of electronic communications in transacting business with Unilever, including, without limitation, the electronic delivery of notices and other documents to you.
- Prices are as specified on the Website. Unilever reserves the right to adjust prices in its sole discretion due to increases in costs (including, without limitation, delivery costs or costs of any materials), the increase or imposition of any tax, duty or other levy, any variation in exchange rates, or any programming, data or other errors.
- In addition to the price of the Products you may have to pay delivery charges, which will be notified to you before you proceed to the payment of your Order.
- You shall make payment for your Order prior to Product delivery and by one of the methods that are indicated on the Website. All payments should be made in AED. We do not accept other currencies.
- Unilever does not save your credit card or debit card information. In order to guarantee a secure and seamless payment process, we use the licensed payment service provider. After you added Products to your cart and reviewed your Order, you will be redirected to our payment service provider in order to enter your billing and payment information. Our payment service provider will handle your payment via a secure connection and will charge the credit or debit card that you provided to them.
- While we will do our best to procure and deliver your Order, certain Products may be temporarily unavailable or out of stock. In such cases: if you did not receive Products ordered, you will be issued a full refund. If you received incorrect Products, we will collect the incorrect Products and provide the correct Products or issue a full refund at our discretion. If part of your Order is missing, we will issue a partial refund for the price of the undelivered quantity. In every event, we will do our best to ensure your satisfaction.
- Refunds will be effected only through the original mode of payment.
- Once your Order has been accepted and is confirmed by us via e-mail, we will issue a valid VAT invoice.
- Upon delivery of the Products, you should inspect the Products and verify that the Products as delivered are in accordance with your Order, including, without limitation, verifying that no items are missing from your Order.
- Upon delivery of the Products, you must provide written notice to Unilever if any of the Products as delivered are not in accordance with your Order.
- You can contact us via Email or via phone as mentioned under Clause 1 of this Agreement or through the “Contact Us” form on the Website.
- Unilever shall ensure that the Products are properly bar-coded, labeled and marked for the particular use and adequately packed for the means of transportation by which they are to be delivered you.
- Each of the Products shall carry a label in English (and in Arabic, wherever required by law) showing the name and description of the Product.
- The packing and labeling of the Products shall meet all specifications or requirements imposed by any relevant municipal or governmental authorities.
- All risk of loss for the Products shall pass to you upon delivery of the Products to the location specified in Your Order (even if no signature is required for delivery).
- Title to the Products will pass to you when Unilever receives payment in full for the Products.
- If You should refuse or fail to take delivery of the Products, all risk of loss for the Products will thereupon pass to you and, upon the demand of Unilever, you shall pay Unilever for the Products plus any additional amounts incurred by Unilever as a result of your refusal or failure to take delivery of the Products, including, without limitation, attempting delivery of the Products by any reasonable means, or storing the Products. Unilever will be entitled to dispose of the Products in such manner as it sees fit if you have not taken delivery of the Products within seven (7) days after (a) the scheduled date of delivery or (b) the date on which delivery was first attempted, whichever is later.
- As used herein, “Defective Products” shall mean and include any Products and goods or any parts or components thereof which are or have been:
- faulty, defective, deficient, damaged, date-expired or incomplete in any respect or suffer from any shortcoming or imperfection; or
- unfit for the particular purpose for which they are sold or used or do not perform the function for which they are intended; or
- unfit for use or consumption, date-expired or not in conformity with any requirements hereunder or of any law, order, rule, regulation, decree, decision concerning the contents, ingredients, manufacture, technical specifications or requirements or any stipulation relating to its distribution, transportation, storage or sale imposed by any municipal or other governmental authority in the country of the Product’s origin or in the Territory; or
- dangerous, unsafe or cause physical harm or injury to the consumers or users or damage to property.
- If You have bought a Defective Products from us, we can replace the Products, or we issue a refund to you at our sole discretion. In order to do so, you must contact us within forty-eight (48) hours after the Products are delivered.
- In case the defect was not immediately obvious, you have to contact us immediately upon discovery but not later than 6 months after the Product was delivered to you, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
- Orders or Products sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
- In line with the laws of the United Arab Emirates, due to health and hygiene reasons, certain types of items cannot be returned, unless it relates to Defective Products as per Clause 8 above.
- This includes perishable products (such as food, beverages, flowers, or plants), custom products (such as special orders or personalized items), personal care products (such as beauty products) home care products (such as cleaning and laundry products).
- We also cannot accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases.
- Orders or Products sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
- If you wish to cancel your Order, you must contact us immediately, but no later than 12 hours after you submitted the Order, via phone or email via the contact details mentioned in clause 1. You can cancel your Order submitted to us in the following circumstances:
- In case your Order was not dispatched yet, your Order will be cancelled instantly, and a refund will be processed to your original payment method, if the payment was already made.
- If your Order has already been dispatched, please refuse to accept the Order upon delivery. Once the Products are returned to us a refund will be processed to your original payment method, if the payment was already made.
- If you already received your Order, a cancellation is not possible.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES & LIABILITY
Unilever will not be responsible for (i) losses that were not caused by any breach on our part, or (ii) any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure), or (iii) any indirect or consequential losses that were not foreseeable to both you and us when the contract for the sale of Products by us to you was formed.
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your right to have the Products sent to you within a reasonable time. If the delay occurs before the products are shipped, you may cancel your Order at any time prior to shipping.
- A “Force Majeure Event” means riot, war, rebellion, fire, flood, pandemic, act of God, terrorism, act of governmental authorities or any other event similarly beyond the control of a Party, which makes it impossible for that Party to comply with these Terms, but excluding any:
- equipment or sub-contractor (including sub-supplier) failure, not itself caused by such an event;
- change in economic conditions, exchange rates, inflation or costs; and
- labor disruption.
2. A party impacted by a Force Majeure Event will not be liable for any non-compliance with this Agreement to the extent caused by the Force Majeure Event, provided that the impacted Party:
3. promptly notifies the other Party of the event and its likely consequences; and
4. uses its reasonable efforts to mitigate the situation
In the event that any provision of these Terms is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
CHANGE OF TERMS
You can review the most current version of these Terms & Conditions of Sale at any time on the Website.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms by posting updates and changes to our Website. It is your responsibility to check our Website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our Website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms constitutes acceptance of those changes.
GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
This Agreement and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Arab Emirates and irrevocably agree that the UAE Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection to this Agreement.